Friday, October 15, 2010

2009 - Jack...

After a few years of Halloween projects under my belt I felt it was time to do something that required a little more planning. I started thinking about Halloween all year long and I couldn't wait to do something new for 2009. After building it over and over in my head for months, when August came I started construction on a 12 foot Jack Skellington. I had seen some really cool steel Jacks at Disney's Haunted Mansion while we were at Disney Land one year in October but I wanted mine to be able to be put into different positions which meant it had to be as light as possible. After many weeks of learning all kinds of new things about prop making, I managed to get him finished the week before Halloween. I had a lot of people asking me where I bought it and got many disappointed faces when I told them I had made him. The rest of the props just got moved to new locations around the yard.






No comments:

Post a Comment